There are a few things that foreign students must know and do upon their arrival and before classes start, such as checking in at the Federal Police office, which must be done up to 30 days after the date of entry in the country.
Click here to download a document (in Portuguese, updated July 11, 2017) that explains what must be done to:
- Register with the Federal Police (this must be done before enrolling in courses at UFPB and within 30 days after the student's entry in the country; a fee per day may apply if registering after 30 days)
- Have a CPF (cadastro de pessoa física) issued
- Register at UFPB (to obtain a student registration number)
- Enroll in courses
- Obtain a statement of enrollment
- Get a Public Transport Card
- Get a Student Card
Certificate of arrival
Some universities may require that their outbound exchange students have a document filled out to attest to their arrival at the host university (Certificate of Arrival/Attestation d'Arrivée/Declaración de Llegada). Home institutions usually provide students with a model; in case if you have lost your hardcopy or do not have access to a copy, you can download our trilingual model (to be edited) here.