Important! The Brazilian law requires that international students have a STUDENT VISA, available from the Brazilian Embassy or Consulate, in order to be legally accepted at Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB). International students are not allowed to study at UFPB on a Tourist Visa.
The Student Visa must be achieved from the Brazilian consulate at the student's country of origin. The proof that the student is coming to Brazil to study is the Letter of Acceptance, issued by our International Office (AAI-UFPB).
The steps to obtain a Student Visa are as below:
1) The foreign student (or his university) sends AAI/UFPB all documents relative to his/her application;
2) AAI/UFPB forwards these documents to the Coordination of the Program at which the student wishes to study;
3) In case of a positive answer, AAI issues a Letter of Acceptance;
4) AAI sends the student a copy of the letter of acceptance by e-mail. In many countries it is possible to file for a visa with the printed copy only. In some other cases, it is necessary to present the original letter. When necesary (check number 5);
5) AAI sends the original letter to the International Office at the student's home university (except the student informs a different addess, or in case a special situation comes up);
6) The student picks up her/his letter of acceptance and proceeds with the steps to obtain a visa.
7) Student Visa is issued.
Details (in Portuguese) on how to obtain a student visa are at: